Search This Shit

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Breakfast popsicles!



I'm a genius! I've started making smoothies for breakfast every once in awhile, but I never measure anything so I always have leftovers. Thus, breakfast popsicles were born. I pour leftover smoothie batter (? would that be a batter? i don't fucking know) into my popsicle molds. Unsurprisingly, my 3 year old LOVES these. "Mama! Can I have a popsicle for breakfast?" "Of course, dear!" 


I always use frozen, over ripe bananas as the base for smoothies because I hate ice in them. The bananas make them almost like a milkshake in consistency. Then, I throw in whatever else I have laying around like protein powder, steel cut oats, other frozen fruits, greek yogurt, nut butters, etc, etc. Very easy, no recipe required!




I love the molds I linked above, by the way. They don't make huge popsicles, and they're so easy to unmold. I also love that they're individual, so once my popsicles are frozen, I can take them out of the stand and put them in the freezer laying down to save space. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi. just found your blog. argh you make me laugh. thank you ! thanks also for the crappy crochet patterns you share. Brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you like my subpar crochet, anon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a batter? I DONT FUCKING KNOW - brilliant. I like when I find people with the same half arsed attitude to life/parenting/crochet as me. Blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there,
    i am the anonymous of the 1rst comment. Any new crap you made ?
    best, anon

    ReplyDelete
  5. suck my c--k baby girl

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to share a testimony on how Le_Meridian funding service helped me with loan of 2,000,000.00 USD to finance my marijuana farm project , I'm very grateful and i promised to share this legit funding company to anyone looking for way to expand his or her business project.the company is UK/USA funding company. Anyone seeking for finance support should contact them on lfdsloans@outlook.com Or lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Mr Benjamin is also on whatsapp 1-989-394-3740 to make things easy for any applicant.

    ReplyDelete